Thursday, 8 March 2012

Love Letters


The badlands of insomnia
I was wandering through
hunting for
the fossils of my sleep
pushing against
the heavy vapours of silence
- wafting from the dark night.
I thought of
your love letters
lying in the remote attic of my house -
a sigh stirred
in the forgotten abyss of my soul
memories frothed
in the hidden crevices of my heart...........

Suddenly!!
the billion words in your letters
streamed out in a broth of ink
and formed
the phantasm of our past
my breath gasped, expanded
knotted itself with the delicate threads of time..
- the threads broke
and, in a centuries-long moment
the phantasm
phantasm of our past
turned violent noisy somersaults
in the emptiness within me and beyond.....................

My eyelids now sag
with lumps of sleep
and I resign to the folds of
the dark night.

No comments:

Post a Comment